Monday, April 4, 2011

My eleven most reached for items

Dee from Miss Prissypants tagged anyone who wanted to do this, and since I haven't done a post in about a million years and today is my "I have a really big assignment to write but oh look, the washing up needs doing, and oh look, I could wash my bed, and oh look etc etc" day I figured another good way to procrastinate was to write a post.

Dee's top 11 things were mostly about makeup, you can read all about it here. She tagged in from Jade, who had a video about it here.

Ok, admin out of the way, on to the top 11 things.


1. Olay Complete Defence SPF 30+ daily moisturizing lotion.
I have used this on and off for about 5 years. I love it so much. In fact, the only time that I have stopped using it was at the start of last year when I went all hippie and wanted to use an organic moisturizer. That desperately failed because my skin dried right out and then the sunscreen I was using made my skin go even more pimply... fail. I went back to using my trusty two in one and my skin went back to normal. Success. This moisturizer is very light, and the sunscreen is fantastic, I find that it lasts all day without reapplication (I can't reapply sunscreen on my face when I have make-up on, its just too weird). Also, as I explained in this post, chemical sunscreen needs to go directly onto your skin, and moisturizer on top. If that just feels too weird, like it does for me, then this is perfect.


2. Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Spray 30+. 
I have blaahhed on and on about how much I adore the cream version of this sunscreen - here, here and here. Now that I have no time the spray version is just that much faster... winner! Plus, it is still so light that it feels like you have no sunscreen on at all.


3. Hissyfit Saving Face SPF 30+. This is another product which I have talked about and talked about. It is truly awesome, I wear it most days instead of foundation. Read the full blog/review here, or watch my video (!) about it here.


4. Smashbox High Definition Concealer.
This concealer is fantastic. It is a light liquid, but incredibly highly pigmented. A tiny bit goes a very, very long way (I have had this tube for at least a year, with near daily use). Plus, it is in a tube, which makes it much more hygienic than a pot or a stick concealer. I love this stuff.


5. Nars the Mutliple in Orgasm.
I used to be a MAC pinch-of-peach girl. Now I have moved on, and my new love is Nars. It is just such a fantastic colour, and the formulation gives you peachy pink cheeks all day, it incredibly long lasting. But I won't blah on here about it again, 'cos I have already done so here!


6. Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder.
 I love this powder. I used to use a mineral powder (the nude by nature mineral finishing veil), but I read a few good reviews on this one, tried it and fell in love. It is a true translucent, it doesn't go ashy ever, and you only need a little bit to set your makeup. Plus, it is so cheap!


7. Australis Jumbo Mineral Bronzing Powder. Another product which I have already reviewed, but it really is a product which I reach for every day. I am starting to lose the bronzer a little bit, now that winter is on its way (not that Brisbane gets a winter, but I can pretend), but I still sweep a light dust of this over my cheeks every morning. I kinda feel a bit naked without it.


8. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. This is a fan-bloody-tastic illuminator. It really truly is. I am almost running out too, but even though I own a lot of illuminators, I am going to have to re-purchase this one. Again, I have already reviewed it here, so I won't go into it again.


9. Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner.
This is the BEST eyeliner ever. That is all.


10. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara in Glam Black.
This is the best mascara ever. Again, that is all.


And finally, lucky last....

11. Lanolips.
This could really mean any of the Lanolips lip balms, I own and love them all. This is one of my desert island products I think. If I can't find one in my bag I tend to go into a minor panic attack (yes, uni is stressing me out to the point of crazy). Plus, the coloured ones are SPF 15. Winner.


I just noticed, that 3 of my 11 items were sunscreen. I am obsessed. Oh well, that is what happens when you live in Queensland.

I now tag in anyone who wants to do this! I would love to know your 11 things!




{Facebook} {Bloglovin} {Twitter} {Google Plus} {Pinterest} {Instagram}

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Do you find the smell of that Colossal mascara really weird? Like honey and roses. I've never noticed a scent in any other mascara before, but that one is really strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed it too! it is a little weird that a mascara smells like something, but I actually quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see people taking on the TAG :D the Smashbox HD concealer sounds like a winner and Lanolips is a goodie too, I must get more Lanolips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the smashbox concealor is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Views Since 12th May, 2012