Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick Swatches


 Since I have increased my Australis Colour Inject Lipstick collection recently (Thank you very much An Obsession With the Fabulous for my wonderful prize) I thought I would do a little swatchathon to compare colours.

I have talked about how wonderful these lipsticks are before, but what I failed to mention in that review is while they are long lasting, they are also incredibly nourishing for a lipstick, with the addition of Kakadu Plum, which is high in Vitamin C (an antioxidant).

PS. All of these lipsticks have a cream/matte texture, no frost or shimmer that I could perceive! 



On to the colours:

Flamenco: is a gorgeous fuchsia pink with a very long wear time.

Mambo: appears pinkish in the photo but is actually a lovely nude, which is a little less peach than Face of Australia Lychee Crush.

Jitterbug: A very sheer red. The swatch below is two swipes, whereas all the other colours are one swipe. Perfect for those getting used to a bright red.

Salsa: I have been loving this for awhile now. Gorgeous soft pink, with very slight coral undertones.

Limited Edition Two: I am not really sure about this colour. I don't think it is one I would really wear. It swatches like a light pumpkin orange, however it is very sheer and appears bronze in some lights. I believe this colour would look best on those lovely ladies with darker skin, although I am willing to give it a go!


Once I have given all my new colours a test run (I previously owned Salsa and Flamenco) I shall report back. For now, happy swatching!

Which colour would you like best? What do you think of Limited Edition 2?




{Facebook} {Bloglovin} {Twitter} {Google Plus} {Pinterest} {Instagram}

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Salsa would definitely be my pick!
    From the photos Limited Edition 2 looks like it would be to orange for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up Salsa for a girlfriend in the US. Keen to she what she thinks and may have to pick one up for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jitterbug looks so pretty, I already own Salsa but I shall have to give the rest of these a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Jitterbug looks lovely right? I was so desperate to try it when I got it but I had to photograph it first. Sad haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Let me know what she thinks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6.  To be honest, it is a little too orange for me too. When I wear orange I prefer to go bright, but I am willing to have my opinion changed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won Hula in a twitter comp, its so nice, such a lovely shade and the texture is a dream. I'm really glad I discovered Australis the creme blush is gorgeous too!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi tegan! i love this post i dont often buy alot of australis things but you have changed my mind!i have just started a beauty blog id love it if you checked it out 
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/ thankyou! im now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nalini MahendranMay 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

    These do look really lovely...I've heard a lot about them but I have yet to invest in one! I'm on a bit of a self imposed lippie ban (overabundance of lipsticks that need to be finished before I can buy new ones), but I might have to check these out once it's done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really quite like the orange shade of Limited Edition 2. I have a medium dark skintone and it comes off really well. So you were quite right, it does look nice on darker skintones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love and read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Views Since 12th May, 2012