So, I recently did a little shopping and purchased a few items on sale from the Australis range. Unfortunately, neither is perfect, however I do very much like them both.
LOVE: Australis Voluptulash Mascara
- This is a tubey formulation mascara, meaning the mascara contains fibres which wrap around your lashes ensuring it is long lasting, smudgeproof and everything proof. In fact, it will only come off if softened with warm water, whilst pulling your fingers over your eyelashes (like you are pulling your eyelashes out). I love it. No smudges, ever.
- The mascara is extremely black. It is also makes your lashes quite thick. As volume is my number one priority in my lashes, this is a huge winner for me.
- There is a slight curve in the brush, which helps add curl to the lashes when brushed through. This helps to open up your eyes without the whole extra step of curling your lashes.
- This mascara clumps like nothing else. It is quite amazing really. However, Australis has cleverly? accidentally? arranged the brush so that it has two flat sides. Turn the brush on its side and it becomes the perfect lash comb. Problem Solvered.
LIKE IntensifEYE Liquid Liner:
What I like:
- This eyeliner is very opaque - it gives such a nice shiny black finish.
- You get a large amount of product for your money
What I dislike:
- Unfortunately, this product has a scratchy brush which wipes off product already applied. For example, if you apply the liner and wish to retrace your steps to make the line neater, it removes the product as you go. The best way to combat this is to use a different eyeliner brush with the product, to get a nice straight line without the missing pieces.
So, all in all these two products have their little faults, but they are pretty easy to fix. What products have you tried recently you have had to tweak a little bit?